AMPHA's Act

My views on state of movies and music

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Vishal makes Othello

That's why I think we need directors like Vishal Bharadwaj in plenty. Such imaginative thinking! I read yesterday that Vishal was toying between three titles for his forthcoming adaptation of Shakespeare's Othello viz Isssak, Omkara and O Saathi Re.


He was to finalize something by May before releasing his film. But to make a 'first look' poster will all three ideas. That too each reflecting the mood of the title! That is really inventive. Further he says "Whats in a name?" Another piece of inventive imagination. Use a part of an excerpt from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet - "What's in a name? That which we call a rose / By any other name would smell as sweet" Kudos!!

(If Vishal were to take my opinion, Isssak beats all names by miles!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Anagha said...

Last I heard Isssak was finalised. (Didn't know it had 3 's's btw.)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home